exhaust - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
exhaust
Monday, March 29, 2010 9:16 PM
think of doing stra8 pipin from the heade.r to exhaust...wi.t no res on 05 chevy cobalt lt

Re: exhaust
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 7:47 AM
What other mods do you have?

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 10:02 AM
head,chip,short ram intake, ncheap racing fue.l injector, bt in the car now jus my intake n fuel inj
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 2:15 PM
I cant understand what you said.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 2:51 PM
my bad man....im on m.y ifone...i got 06 chev.y cobalt lt wit short ram intake in it...bt i got header,exhaust tip,maf chip......txt me at 575-694 5161
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 5:07 PM
It is impossible to "chip" an OBD2 system(which is what your car is), so just throw it away and accept that you got scammed.

Straight pipe would be completely worthless(horsepower/torque wise) and will make your car sound like crap. I have 2 resonators and one muffler on my exhaust and it still sounds like crap at 4000rpms+.

mikie dilullo wrote: bt in the car now jus my intake n fuel inj

Does this mean that you have different fuel injectors in the car? If so is the car tuned for them?

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 5:26 PM
ight so wat best way to set it up...would a slincer on on tip?...how daul exhaust pipe?......yea n fuel injector...we had recall n i put up extra cash to get stage two they say the dealership.....man tho tis bitch is fast...i take v tech civci tat has more mod then me...he was fixing my car up bt got marry
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 6:39 PM
Stage 2 for a 2.2L N/A balt? The ECU has to be reprogrammed whenever you changing injector size.

You have a basically stock cobalt, there is no need for a crazy exhaust system. I would just grab a premade catback. It'll give you a good gain and wont be so loud that the police would pull you over for.

Is english your 1st language?

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 11:14 AM
yes beside the short ram, stock.

Me n my friends are welder....so looking to weld my own exhaust system.

So is there any possibe way to have crazy system without all the nosie.

Tis Nm alot the law dnt effect us....the cop dnt care unless u dealing drugs or drinking n driving (dwi)

n i trying to shorten the word...i'm on my Ifone 4rm verzion
Wednesday, March 31, 2010 2:45 PM
Here are 2 vids of my car.

I am running a custom 2" primary long tube header, 3" collector, no cat, a magnaflow resonator, a SLP resonator, 3" pipe, and a magnaflow muffler. The exhaust is quite a bit louder than the vids show. It is overkill for my current S/C set-up but not my future S/C set-up.

A cat, resonator, and a good muffler will keep sound levels down. Also the size of the pipe affects the sound, smaller = quieter. Alot of N/A J-body guys like the sound from the Dynomax Super Turbo. For an N/A car 2.5" pipe is all you would need. Also a header will make the car louder and increase rasp.

Ecotec cav exhaust thread.

Thursday, April 22, 2010 6:44 PM
yo man can i use the stock exhaust system....ill i put on are my header n exhaust tip and keep the stock cat and resonater.....by any chance it help with keep the loudness down and give the hp still?

Friday, April 23, 2010 7:10 PM
Yes it'll keep it quite, but you wont get a hp gain.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search