l61 intake manifold upgrade - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
l61 intake manifold upgrade
Monday, April 12, 2010 4:42 PM
I'm looking to upgrade the whole intake of my 2006 cobalt LS, and I put in an order for the Ecotec HO Intake Manifold Kit 2.2MMGF from crate engine department, but they seem to not want to ship it out or charge me for it. I am probably going to cancel the order.
Are there any other intake manifolds out there that are as good or better?
I found this http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NAL-88958633. Will this work? I can't seem to find anything about it really, but the description says it is for a ecotec. It also seems to say that you need to use a ls1 throttle body with it. It is also $100 cheaper than the above mentioned manifold kit.
Any info about this would help out a lot! I'm not looking to do any extensive fabrication, just bolt on mods.

Thanks!

Re: l61 intake manifold upgrade
Monday, April 12, 2010 5:33 PM
That manifold from summit will work. At least it says for an ecotec. That design is mostly for boosted applications, it would prob hurt N/A performance.

The 2.4 ecotec manifold is supposed to be a good improvement over the 2.2 one.
Monday, April 12, 2010 5:42 PM
OK, is there another place to buy that 2.4 manifold? This site will not get back to me, and seems to of forgotten about my order...
Monday, April 12, 2010 6:36 PM
Have you tried contacting them? email, phone etc....

Is this the one you ordered?

http://www.crateenginedepot.com/store/Ecotec-HO-Intake-Manifold-Kit-22MMGF-P1817C137.aspx
Tuesday, April 13, 2010 6:57 AM
The one from Summit is for a turbocharged engine, it will hurt your N/A performance.

David Brown wrote:OK, is there another place to buy that 2.4 manifold? This site will not get back to me, and seems to of forgotten about my order...

Cobaltss.net, ebay, and i believe Hahn Racecraft might have a few laying around(going to have to PM Bill Hahn over on J-body). All it is is the stock 2.4L LE5 Ecotec intake manifold. It is a nice improvement overthe stock L61 intake manifold. I know on J-bodies you need larger injectors(LSJ injectors work) and a tune to get the most out of the manifold. I'd assume that it'll be the same with cobalts.

Thursday, May 06, 2010 9:00 AM
Hey there - new to this board. We build new 2.4 ECOtecs for use in a racing application. As a result, we have many new, leftover parts that we dont use including intake manifolds and stock 2.4 injectors. If this helps, give me a call.

Keith Iaia
Revolution Racing Engines
805-238-3930
www.revolutionracingengines.com

"The Revolution Starts NOW!"
Friday, May 07, 2010 1:43 PM
how much for a manifold?

Monday, May 10, 2010 1:35 AM
I'd be interested also if the price is right

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search