College Gas Mileage - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
College Gas Mileage
Thursday, September 09, 2010 8:42 AM
Hey guys, new member here, anyways..
I am currently commuting to college, roughly 60 miles round trip, and i was wondering besides the common ways to save gas, (correct tire psi, drive nice, good tune, ect.) I was wondering if you guys know or have experience in modifications that have increased your gas mileage. I have a 2004 cavalier ls sport with the 5 speed. It is regularly maintained and I keep good care of the car. Right now i get about 37 on the highway which is pert good, my average is usually 32, but i started college like two days ago so now my average will be different. I just want some help from the guys who maybe own something that has helped or knows how to help. Thank you, any help would be appreciated.

Re: College Gas Mileage
Thursday, September 09, 2010 10:17 AM
Lighter wheels would help. You could try an ebay short ram intake.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Monday, September 13, 2010 6:52 AM
Has anyone tried an intake and seen any gains?
Wednesday, October 27, 2010 8:40 PM
You could try adding a little air pressure to your tires, also a k&n air filter may help. Keep records on weather traffic etc. Try to drive when there is the least amount of stop and go. Do only 1 change at a time and check your milage each tank of gas.Check results carefully.
Tuesday, December 07, 2010 9:25 PM
Intake, exhaust, header should help get rid of pumping losses. also consider a belly pan and putting masking tape over all the gaps in your body work.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search