LSJ and a Flex plate? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LSJ and a Flex plate?
Friday, December 17, 2010 9:13 AM
Ok first let me explain, I am building an off road desert rail powered by an EcoTec LSJ. The motor is currently using a Stage II kit and a dual pass heat exchanger with a ZZP intercooler added (think desert, searing heat, running high RPM's a lot of the time). Plans are Port and Polish, step up big on the cams, a CBM kit with the Genesis tune, CBM headers,. JGM will do the build and Jim feels comfortably about 350 HP in final trip.

Anyway to the topic question since there will be no tranny I really do not need a flywheel per say and I will only need the flex plate for the starter since this will be using a QDS CVT system to a RPM F-N-R differential. My question is will the L61or any other EcoTec Flexplate fit the LSJ?
Thanks,
Bob

Re: LSJ and a Flex plate?
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 5:48 AM
I wouldnt see why you couldnt use a flex plate from any automatic ecotec just check the tooth count and size of flexplate. Getting one with the wrong tooth count could need some other mods.
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 8:19 AM
Yep that's what I discovered in speaking with Neil at ATVRacing.
My next question is that I bought an LK9 for a song and instead of running the turbo I am wondering if I can just install the Supercharger from my LSJ on it.
Bob
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 5:36 AM
I believe I just quoted on that post for you
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 9:20 AM
Thanks Kyle!
Bob
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 9:22 AM
No problem.
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 7:02 PM
The LSJ has a different number of bolts that mount the flywheel to the crank than the L61 or LE5. Im unsure if the LNF is similar, but a flexplate from a L61 and LE5 will not work.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 7:44 PM
Tinkles(now with Boost Face) wrote:The LSJ has a different number of bolts that mount the flywheel to the crank than the L61 or LE5. Im unsure if the LNF is similar, but a flexplate from a L61 and LE5 will not work.

Yep as I stated understood that from the get go. The LE5 and L61 use the cast crank (6 bolt) and the LK9, LSJ and LNF use the forged crank which is an 8 bolt. The HHR SS (read this as LNF equipped) comes available with an automatic so I ordered a flexplate (8 bolt) for an HHR, fits perfect.
Moving on to the LK9 to LSJ conversion. Thanks guys.
Bob
Thursday, April 21, 2011 1:01 PM
Where did you state that, because i never read anything in your posts about it. Hence why i mentioned it.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search