Why to go with the HAAS turbo kit: - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Why to go with the HAAS turbo kit:
Wednesday, September 22, 2004 1:35 PM
We were just congradulated by GM to have the best quality turbo kit for the Ecotec on the market.
Some of you may not know this, but the same turbo kits will not work for both the 5sp and automatic. We were the only company to research and develop this idea. We again were commended by GM for taking that extra step. We are the only company who makes a kit transmission specific for either vehicle. We just wanted to say thanks for those who recomended us to GM. And a special thanks for those who showed their appreciation to us at the NOPI nationals show last weekend.
for more info on the Ecotec kit visit: http://www.haasperformance.com/products_cavalier03.htm

Thanks again,
David Seaton
haasperformance.com
HAAS turbo charger systems

Re: Why to go with the HAAS turbo kit:
Wednesday, September 22, 2004 8:05 PM
Sounds good.

Do you have anymore pictures of the setup? Pic of Intercooler?
What's the cost of your kit? FMU included?
Thursday, September 23, 2004 2:12 PM
You can find all of the info at our website: www.haasperformance.com There are several pics including the dyno sheets and soon to add video of the dyno and a few street races with a beefy Maxima, Lancer, 240sx, And Mustang. Keep an eye out for the videos, everything else is there.

direct link: http://www.haasperformance.com/products_cavalier03.htm
Thursday, September 23, 2004 5:10 PM
actually your wrong , if you build a kit for a auto first it will work for a manual

and other companies make kits for both

<br>

Thursday, September 23, 2004 6:07 PM
I hate to steer you wrong, but the same kit will NOT work for both vehicles. The piping is different. The Auto kit will NOT work for the manual tranny. I have yet to see a company who makes a kit for both and supports it. We support everything we make 100%, guaranteed to fit the first time.
Thursday, September 23, 2004 7:17 PM
There's not much info on the site except for what it comes with, dyno #'s, and one pic.
How much does the kit cost?
How much boost were you running to get to 200 hp?
Seems had to believe with the stock fuel system.
Friday, September 24, 2004 5:44 AM
I personaly like to pick out my own kits in pieces and stuff, but Kits are cools, if you don't know what you are doing I guess.
See most of the time people go for like Stage I what you all call it and then they get shafted by a little a$$ turbo like a T25 or something and then by the time they are up to like a Stage II they already have to cash out more for a bigger Turbo.
There goes another $600-800.

But that's just me.
Congrats. on props from GM.
SunCavi <br>

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Sunday, September 26, 2004 4:32 PM
ok thats good but its all only letters to me...

Actually i would like to see the paper or anything that says you've been congradulated by GM. If its realy ok then I deeply like the fact of this.

But if its anything BS then BS.

Anyway sounds like a good Turbo.

How much does it cost ?
Monday, September 27, 2004 10:30 PM
TOM: The Kits cost $3299. Near 200hp at 8 psi at 86 deg on 93 octaine fuel. It is not a stock fuel system. Everything is included in the kit. to run up to 10 psi. We dont recomend running more than 8 psi as these motors tend to run lean in even stock form. The fuel system has to be done correctly because even upgrading the fuel system on a stock ecotec- the computer will adjust for the upgrade leaning it back down. The computer has to be fooled. Again, that is included in the kit as well.
We are going to post some more pics this week. We had shut the company down for everyone to get a chance to go on vacation so we didnt get a chance to post anything else before we left. We are now back in the shop and working on another vehicle, so we are staying slammed with work.

Suncavi, its never a bad thing to pick out your own pieces. However, researching the best parts (ie. different size turbos, etc) to use and how to use them to the most you can get from them can be a real mess. Companies who make kits invest the time an research into every aspect. It would be hard to do so affordably for someone who may or may not have enough money to make it right and perfect after several attempts.

el: Everything is posted on the website. No BS, just quality workmanship. No corner-cutting. We guarantee everything we do. We are currently in the steps of another project for a new car GM is going to produce. We hope to have that ready for GM to present by April next year.
Tuesday, September 28, 2004 5:13 AM
Yeah, what's with the way lean AF ratio on the Ecotecs? Mine ran 14.4 on the dyno, before, and after my cams, all the way across the chart.. Must be pretty knock resistant, then..
<br>

2004 Sunfire, 5 speed, billet aluminum short shifter
AEM CAI, experimental cams
FRD 68 Anthracite 17",215/45/17Y Ventus K104
Progress Springs, KYB AGX
Hawk HP/slotted rotors
148.8hp@5300, 155lb-ft@3800(@ the wheels)

Wednesday, September 29, 2004 7:47 AM
T3 Garrett Turbo, internal gated
Turbo manifold
Stainless Steel 304L Piping
HAAS mirror-polished intercooler and piping
HAAS high quality BOV
Steelbraided oil lines
Oil pan fitting
Cone Air Filter
All required brackets, fittings, and hardware
Install instructions

does not say anything about fuel mods there --- what do you guys do for fuel?

fuel pump?, FMU?, injectors?
<br>

Wednesday, September 29, 2004 1:09 PM
You are right, we didnt finish adding to the website. We apologize for not having all the info available on the website. Detailed info has been sent to our dealers. This is pulled from one of our dealer's website:
HAAS Cavalier Turbo Kits Include:
- Custom Garrett T3 (built to HAAS specs)
- HAAS SS Black Ceramic Coated Manifold
- 2.5" SS Downpipe w/O2 Bung & Flexpipe
- HAAS Performance BOV
- HAAS Front-Mount Intercooler - Polished
- SS Mandrel Bent Intercooler Piping
- SS Braided Oil Supply & Drain Lines
- Red or Blue Silicone Couplers (optional)
- Stainless Steel (SS) Intake Pipe
- HAAS Cone Filter
- Walbro Hi-flow Fuel Pump
- Adjustable Fuel Management Unit
- 2 Bar Map Sensor.
- All Necessary Hardware & Fittings
- Install Instructions

2 bar Map Sensor: $135.00
Fuel System upgrade: $600.00 (HAAS Stand Alone w/ two 480cc Injectors) {up to 16 psi}
HAAS Boost gauge: $65.00
Fuel System Downgrade: -$300.00
Turbo, Manifold, FMIC, BOV only: $2200.00

For Engines: 2.2L Ecotec Only
Boost: 8 PSI
HP Gain: 70-85%
Turbo Efficiency: 350 + HP
Direct Bolt-On: Yes
Warranty: 1 Year
**Must specify 5sp or Auto tranny
Friday, October 01, 2004 3:58 AM
thanks --- a little more complete now do you guys have more pics

<br>

Saturday, October 02, 2004 7:48 PM
*Crossing fingers*... can't wait for the site to be up...
Sunday, October 03, 2004 6:55 AM
New pictures will be on the website once it is back up. We are adding much more detailed information. Thanks for waiting. We apologize for any inconvience of the website being temporarily down.
Monday, October 04, 2004 1:45 PM
SIte is now up and running.
Tuesday, October 05, 2004 6:02 PM
What are the 1/4 times?

Tuesday, October 05, 2004 6:47 PM
Sorry, there is not a local 1/4 mile dragstrip. The closest one is 150 miles away. We will soon take it to our 1/8 mile dragstrip.
Funny, we have three local 1/8 mile dragstrips, yet no 1/4 mile. What were they thinking? lol
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search