08 Cobalt limitations - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
08 Cobalt limitations
Sunday, January 23, 2011 8:58 AM
Hello, I have an 08 Cobalt LS base coupe with the Italian 5 speed. I am curious as to the best way to go about modifying this car. I do not see cams available for 2.2's 07 up. What gives? Would I be better off investing in cold air/internals/exhaust or should I step right to a turbo or charger. This car will need definite differential upgrades, does anyone know what is available. In the same sense has anyone tested the limitations of the base 5 speed trans. I am willing to throw a couple grand into the engine just to see how far I can go with it. This is my retired work car and I am looking for the best bang for the buck type thing, but would pay out for a proven gain. I am only interested in performance mods, as it will remain stock looking. I have fun beating on my co-workers V-6 cars with it as stock, but wonder how much is necessary to get in the low 14's to run with average V-8's. I am also considering joining the SCCA for autocross. Has anyone had enough success to make it worthwhile? The Cobalt is the best platform I have for track duty as my other vehicles are drag-only set-ups. I will be seeking references on cage installation in the NW Indiana/Chicago region should the car be entertaining enough. Any info is appreciated, however I am looking for the most technical and detailed help out there. Thank You, Clint

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search