New Electric Turbo/Supercharger - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Electric Turbo/Supercharger
Sunday, November 25, 2007 8:18 PM
Hey guys

I was just messing around on the internet and I found this website: http://www.electricsupercharger.net/index.php

I want to know what yall think about this. They have a forum with a video and some pictures and some questions and all that good stuff.
To me, I was thinking I might give it a try since its only $110. But like I said it'd b cool if some of yall could check it out and let me know what you think about it.

Re: New Electric Turbo/Supercharger
Wednesday, November 28, 2007 3:07 PM
um...no.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, November 30, 2007 9:27 PM
well... um... thats probably the most extravagant electric supercharger ive ever seen.

most electric superchargers ive seen are just a cheap electric fan that mounts in your intake tube or whatever.

im going to have to say im extremely sceptical, but theoretically if you have a quality compressor ran by a powerful electric motor theres no reason it shouldn't work.

i was reading the faq...

"What is your supercharger made out of? We use high tensile materials to ensure proper durability. Our products have never failed under any testing condition."

high tensile materials can be anything. not that being made out of plastic or anything else for that matter is necessarily bad (if it works it works) but the fact that they didn't really answer the question seems a little shady.

but they do guarantee a 30% increase in hp and torque. money back if u don't like it.

the thing is a real supercharger is turned by a couple hundred or more hp internal combustion engine. in order to get a DC motor to put out that kind of power it has to be substantionaly larger (about the size of a watermelon at least) than the one shown in the picture of their product. but an engine or motor that powerful may not actually be necessary to run a compressor like this.

also, unless the "boost controller" that they include with it regulates how fast the compressor turns in relation to the engines rpms its going to be putting out the same boost at all rpms. a turbo or supercharger puts out boost relative to the engines rpm (low boost at low rpm higher boost at higher rpms)

i was looking at the rest that thrasher motorsports did. the car they used looks like a turbo's and intercooled integra. if someone was going to test it i figured they'd use a stock na car and show both the before and after dyno sheets.

but even if it does "work" i cant see it doing anything but limiting a modified engine in some way. ill say it again, im extremely sceptical.

i just wouldn't expect much. i just cant trust a "supercharger" that costs $110
but hell, if your car is completely stock and you dont care to modify it that much its worth a try i guess.
i would actually be interested to see the results from someone that isn't on their website.
Friday, November 30, 2007 9:58 PM
im going to say again... i really really really doubt this will work.

but im a rational person, so i cant say with certanty that it isnt real because ive never seen one.
Friday, November 30, 2007 10:07 PM
im in school to be an industrial electrician.

i sent them a email asking for the specs on the electric motor they use. that should tell me if its even capable of doing what its supposed to.
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 9:22 PM
still no response to my email about the motor.
Wednesday, December 05, 2007 10:07 AM
heres what they sent me

thats not bad, but for a dc motor it could be better.

it claims 1100 crm of airflow and 8psi of boost... all i can say is try it.

worst that could happen is u lose $110

-----------------------
The technical specifications of this model of supercharger as tested is
as follows:

Air Flow: 1100CFM
Pressure: 8 PSI
Motor Speed: 25000C RPM
Current: 50 AMPS
Power Consumption: 600 Watts

It's made by Midwest Technologies USA

thanks,
Jeff

--------------------
Saturday, December 08, 2007 8:43 PM
I don't know about you but $110 could be used and wasted in something more useful than that...

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, December 09, 2007 10:58 AM
$110 dollars for leaning out my engine and making it go pop. Hmmmmm, thats a though one.
Monday, December 10, 2007 7:52 PM
it could be wasted somewhere else... but i want him to waste it on this so i can see what happens.

and i wouldnt worry about it leaning out, thats what a MAF is for.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008 10:43 PM
So Brian, did you try it?
Drew did Brian ever get back to you on this?

It's not how fast you go...But how you go fast.

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 1:12 PM
Distributes essential Heyco, Thomas & betts products
Saturday, December 18, 2010 4:10 PM
Matthew Strong wrote:$110 dollars for leaning out my engine and making it go pop. Hmmmmm, thats a though one.

They include a tuning chip dont they?

drew henderson wrote:it could be wasted somewhere else... but i want him to waste it on this so i can see what happens.

and i wouldnt worry about it leaning out, thats what a MAF is for.

I didn't think Eco's had a MAF? or am I thinking an IAT?

Buddy Club Ecotec Cavalier
* More to come *
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 5:45 AM
Negative, I wouldnt put something like that on my car if someone paid me. There is no real advantage to them. I know of one company that actually made something like this and had significant improvements and thats a company by the Name of E-Ram Electric Superchargers. While I would still not put one on my car. If I would this would be the company I Would go with..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search