2.2 ecotec w m 62 need help plz! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 ecotec w m 62 need help plz!
Friday, June 10, 2011 3:18 PM
Does anyone know where to find aftermarket pulleys to match w the m 62 for a 2.2 or will the ones off a 2.0 fit? Trying not to have to cut the drive belt. The pulleys have to b 6 groove instead of 5 like on the 2.2. And if not does anyone know which belt will fit? Other intrests are a 5 sp swap? And a motor rebuild ? Can n e 1 help?

Re: 2.2 ecotec w m 62 need help plz!
Saturday, June 11, 2011 7:45 PM
Did you graduate high school? If you used proper english then i could read that, understand it, and then help you out.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Saturday, June 25, 2011 7:30 PM
I'm very sorry Mr. Proper. I was just trying to use shorthand. I figured everyone would understand. Also I do a lot on my android so I figured it would be easier. But I was just trying to find aftermarket pulleys to match with a 2.2 ecotec motor or will the pulleys off a 2.0 ecotec work? Found a new stage 2 belt cheapest was at engine depot. And I'm also looking for a 5 speed conversion if its possible. Maybe an aftermarket adapter plate? And if its possible what parts I need. If anyone has a good motor rebuild thread too. Thanks
Wednesday, June 29, 2011 5:26 AM
What pulleys are you looking at replacing? Crank? Alternator? Supercharger? We have to use the supercharger pulleys for the 2.0L LSJ and i believe that the other pulleys are swappable(i've never seen it done because it is easier to just cut a rib off the belt). Im running a GM stage 2 belt with 1 rib cut off so it fits the stock L61 5 rib pulleys and i have no issues with the belt slipping on a 2.9" supercharger pulley(all of the other pulleys are stock).

A 5-speed conversion is very possible, but the difficultly will depend on what car we are talking about.

I havent seen a good L61 engine build thread pop up in quite some time. There might be one or two buried in the Performance or Photos & Media forums on J-body.org.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search