2.4L bottom end durabilty and performance - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4L bottom end durabilty and performance
Thursday, December 01, 2011 7:08 AM
I'm new to performace 4cyl. But not to racing. Started racing a 4cyl. Dirt track class last year with an 01 Z24 cavalier (the old 2.4L) we have to be n/a so I figured no replacement for displacement was a good rule of thumb. Minor mods (intake, header, n a tune) made us competitive, but we got our ass handed to us by a 2.2 eco with the same mods. This year I bought a rolled cobalt SS n/a 2.4L eco and thts going to be our power plant for our cav. Ive been all over the internet and can't seem to find main stud kit upgrades or rod bolt upgrades. I've already done ballance shaft deletes, aluminum flywheel and header. Next comes the tune and I want to be sure of my bottom end before its first 9grand rev. My 2.4 only has 48000 miles and is in great internal condition, but I like to fix my problems before they become problems. Any help or advice would be greatly appriciated thanks

Re: 2.4L bottom end durabilty and performance
Friday, December 02, 2011 6:56 PM
Orite well, I took it upon myself to tear down a 07 eco 2.2 and it turns out, the main bolts and rod bolts are the same. So it looks like I can buy the bolt upgrades for a 2.2L and use them in my 2.4L. Sound good?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search