Motor swap - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Motor swap
Monday, December 12, 2011 8:52 AM
Hey guys, new here just looking for some help. Not much of a car mechanic but I work on fighter jets so I figured it would be easy. Girl friend blew hew motor on her 2006 cobalt 2.2l. I went ahead and bought a 2008 long block, but was from a manual. I used the tranny and heads from hers because it was auto I saw they had done some different vacuum work. What ever. I have everything back in the car and noticed that the CPS on the 08 is a three wire not two. Is there any way of splicing to use the 08 CPS because the pick ups look different? Please any help would be better then none thanks.

Re: Motor swap
Friday, December 23, 2011 12:38 AM
Actually I'd like to apologize since I'm not really good at stuff like that but I know a lot of the forum members can help you. Anyway, I just post here to keep you guys updated. I read from an article recently that Chevy just got done releasing the Sonic, to replace the Aveo, which never really wowed consumers. Chevy is also going to the Detroit Auto Show with a sporty model of the Sonic, the Sonic RS. Article source: Chevrolet announces Sonic RS
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search