Exhaust Systems? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Exhaust Systems?
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 7:01 AM
Looking at buying an exhaust system for my cobalt (full cat-back, header), any tips on how i can make sure this thing doesnt sound like one of those noisy ass rice-mobiles i see driving around.?

Re: Exhaust Systems?
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 6:17 PM
Try to get an Oval muffler instead of a canister muffler. I'm pretty sure that should help, oh and also a resonator.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 6:22 AM
would having a resonator mean less horsepower?
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 8:07 AM
yes. if you add a resonator you will add restriction. which means less power
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 12:13 PM
with my Magnaflow exhaust system, I don't have a resonator and when you start it up cold you will get sort of like a buzz when you floor it. so if you can live with that then ok, don't add a resonator.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 12:44 PM
I have the resonator, and mine makes that buzzing noise. But only for a few minutes
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 3:17 PM
Hmm...well I dont know then.

Thursday, September 29, 2005 11:43 PM
Yeah the buzzing sound you will get with most cat backs but will go away after warming up. Ive heard some stories about flowmaster series 40 mufflers that make terrible noises until they like recieve a certain amount of run time. Just something to put out there.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Friday, September 30, 2005 3:08 PM
^^^ thats sort of like the magnaflow cat-back but with the magnaflow it lasts less than 10 seconds if you have your foot to the floor.

Friday, September 30, 2005 10:15 PM
yea ive got the megan racing cat back for my car and untill the car is warm it sounds like a damn honda. but once it warms up it sounds really good.

12.7@110MPH with 10PSI.
Monday, March 26, 2012 8:29 PM
Find a local borla exhaust parts shop that can do 2 1/4" piping. If you want a deep tone, get a long resonator.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search