2.2L ecotec performance - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2L ecotec performance
Monday, June 04, 2012 9:36 PM
I apologize if I break any rules or ask old answered questions. I joined today and have never posted on a forum before. I have a 2003 pontiac sunfire manual. It has some small performance work on it; cold air intake, 4-2-1 header, "off road cat", larger diameter exhaust, and performance muffler. It runs decent for its size, a 9.8 sec 1/8 mile including alot of wheel spin. But I have found that the power falls off of the charts once it gets warmer outside. Also the power falls off and it runs rich if I have two people riding and the a/c on. I am wanting to find anyone with experience with this similar set-up and there results. Also I want to find someone who has experience with the trifecta tuner or the hp tuners. And last I want to find someone who has experience with the comp cams for this engine. I know sites will say anything to make a sell. Oh and I dont want to go with forced induction.

Re: 2.2L ecotec performance
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:34 AM
Any aftermarket cam for the eco require upgraded valvesprings. Supertech has a few nice kits.

Comp's Stage 3 N/A grind will give you the most gain, but you wont like them at all unless you get the car tuned.

An experienced J-body tuner with HP Tuners is better than Trifecta, but since they are few and far between Trifecta would be your best bet.

Keep in mind that our stock fuel injectors are pretty much maxed out from the factory, so it is a good idea to upgrade fuel injectors(requires tuning) whenever you do big N/A mods and obviously when/if you boost it.

It is cheaper in the end to hit 200whp with boost than N/A.

Error: Sig not found.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search