HELP, I NEED L61 CAMS!! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HELP, I NEED L61 CAMS!!
Wednesday, February 23, 2011 4:04 PM
after making the idiotic mistake of assuming that i have the right parts for my car, i am at a dead stop. i ordered a set of comp cams for my 2007 cobalt with a 2.2 l61. i'll shorten it up for ya, comp doesnt make a set of cams for 07-up. 06 is the latest they go. VERY different intake cam for the 07. it WILL NOT work. so for the past 2 hours i have been searching for a set of cams that WILL work for my car and i have found nothing! i have my engine torn down enough to change both chains and also replace the cams. clearly i cannot do this since i cant find a set of cams. so short of putting my old oem cams back in, i am lost. please somebody help!

Re: HELP, I NEED L61 CAMS!!
Wednesday, March 02, 2011 2:58 PM
What about swapping to a pre-07 head?

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Friday, March 04, 2011 12:55 PM
that is one option, but i'm tryin like hell to step forward with all of this. i dont know how i'd block off the hole that would be left by not having that hyd power steering pump not in place.
Sunday, August 19, 2012 4:59 PM
there is a plug available for that, a buddy fron work had an 07 2.2 but his was vvt, when asking about cams for his, he was told no one has them because the stock cams was best available for that engine
Roller lifters and or regular lifters,
Sunday, January 20, 2013 4:22 PM
Wonderi.ng where you can get a set of performance lifters for the L61 2.2 block on a Chevy Classic
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search