2005 Chevy Cavalier LS 2.2 Ecotec/Upgrades: HELP! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2005 Chevy Cavalier LS 2.2 Ecotec/Upgrades: HELP!
Sunday, May 19, 2013 11:48 PM
Hey guys! I'm new to the forum so I hope to receive some nice welcoming! Haha.

I have an 05 Cavy that right now is just the 2.2L Ecotec but with a ChromeIntakes Cold Air Intake on it. I am looking to add a little more power to what little I have. I do know from experience that the Cavys are pretty quick for the engine but I am looking for a little more power. My car is like my baby and I wanna take care of her. She's just like me: loves speed. I thought out about putting a GReddy performance chip into the car (adding up to 60+ HP from what I looked up) or adding a bigger throttle body. I know cars but I am unfamiliar with parts for the Ecotec and I am hoping to change that! Any help that I can get from you guys would be amazing. Thanks guys!!

Michael

Re: 2005 Chevy Cavalier LS 2.2 Ecotec/Upgrades: HELP!
Friday, May 24, 2013 2:31 AM
Michael Alvis wrote:I thought out about putting a GReddy performance chip into the car (adding up to 60+ HP from what I looked up)

Yea, that is just a scam. If their claims are true then i wasted $2k on supercharging my cav.

You need to head on over to the sister site(J-body Organization). The link is up top on the left. Everything you need to know is there, just search and read.

Friday, July 26, 2013 10:30 AM
Hey do you know where i can get stock ls sport front bumper and rear bumper and side skirts? if you do help a cavi owner out
Wednesday, August 07, 2013 8:59 PM
Buying that chip is a NO NO.
There are plenty of bolt-ons and ways to increase the HP of these engines. GM even has a publication on them with part numbers etc. The Ecotec is very capable of good HP and torque. Here's the link on the book in a PDF format.

http://www.motionlabtuning.com/attachments/article/76/saab_ecotec_performance_guide.pdf

Good luck with your HP goals.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search