swap out - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
swap out
Tuesday, October 05, 2004 4:22 PM
hey guys

Im new to ECOTECpower.com but a loyal JBO member. Im Currently swappin out my old ragged out 2.2 from my 2k cavi with a ecotec i drove across the contry to pick up (cheaper than the shipping and a great deal.) The project is going smooth but we have ran into a few pit stops along the way. I did the smart thing and built the motor up before it goes in and switched my automatic for a five speed. I have a few questions if anyone has any anwsers,(if any of these ?'s are obvious don't worry, i have a great machanic friend workin with me.)
1st- is the any difference in the spindals between automatic and 5 speeds because the axals have differrences?
2nd- do i need a different brake pedal for the five speed?
3rd -im looking for adjustible cam gears to fit the timming with my custom cams, anyone know the best place to find them. i have a few leads but i would like a few more options.

thats it for ?'s but i would like you guys to know that i have an automatic tranny for an ecotec for sale cheap. Plus if anyone is thinkin or doing this swap ....i have another ecotec motor in my area that someone to pick up. If anyone is in Michigan lookin for a motor let me know i have a number to a guy in niles that has a few as well.
thanks for your time. appreciate any help
<br>

00eco

Re: swap out
Wednesday, October 06, 2004 4:17 AM
You'll need a different brake pedal, that's for sure. As for cam gears, the only ones available for the ecotec so far are quite expensive.. <br>

2004 Sunfire, 5 speed, billet aluminum short shifter
AEM CAI, experimental cams
FRD 68 Anthracite 17",215/45/17Y Ventus K104
Progress Springs, KYB AGX
Hawk HP/slotted rotors
148.8hp@5300, 155lb-ft@3800(@ the wheels)

Wednesday, October 06, 2004 11:42 AM
these are the cam gears i found
gmpreformance.com
88958613 Adjustable Cam Gear Set
-------------------------
howell automaotive
GM Ecotec Adjustable Cam Gear Set Chevy Cavalier $399.00
------------------
mantapart
OP 1543EC ECOTEC 2.2 TC Adjustable Cam Timing Gears: This is a pair of adjustable cam gears to allow cam timing changes up to 16 degrees of crank timing for optimum tuning for any ECOTEC engine configuration. Sold in a pair, direct replacement for the stock cam gears.

OP 1543EC $350.00
---------------------
gmpartsdepo.com
Ecotec Adjustable Cam Gear Set # 88958613

SKU: 88958613
RETAIL: $415.00
PRICE: $363.13
<br>

00eco
Wednesday, October 06, 2004 5:56 PM
They are all probably the same. Just add in shipping before you buy.
Wednesday, October 06, 2004 8:15 PM
well today my buddy called and said he can get them for mr for $350 at a chevy dealer near orlando so i think im going with that <br>

00eco
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search