ecotec timing - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ecotec timing
Saturday, October 16, 2004 12:55 PM
Has anyone done the timing on an ecotec I just built this motor for my 99 cav. took out the 2.2lohv and installing a 2.2eco.
I bought new cams had the head done header cam gears
but can't get the timing to line up not sure if I shopuld go with what i got so can someone plz reply <br>

00eco

Re: ecotec timing
Monday, October 18, 2004 2:34 AM
Try moving the chain around? You have the crank sprocket lined up, right? It works, just try moving the chain around so the different colored links are at the different reference points..
<br>

2004 Sunfire, 5 speed, billet aluminum short shifter
AEM CAI, experimental cams
FRD 68 Anthracite 17",215/45/17Y Ventus K104
Progress Springs, KYB AGX
Hawk HP/slotted rotors
148.8hp@5300, 155lb-ft@3800(@ the wheels)

Monday, October 18, 2004 1:39 PM
thats about what we did, we line up the crank and cams put on the chain (color marks on chain didnt match but the cam gear marks were in the correct spots) then we manually turned the motor over and nothing hit , oh and the motor was TDC then we did it so were going with it. thanks for the reply <br>

00eco
Tuesday, October 19, 2004 6:33 AM
Cool, hope it works!
<br>

2004 Sunfire, 5 speed, billet aluminum short shifter
AEM CAI, experimental cams
FRD 68 Anthracite 17",215/45/17Y Ventus K104
Progress Springs, KYB AGX
Hawk HP/slotted rotors
148.8hp@5300, 155lb-ft@3800(@ the wheels)

Tuesday, October 19, 2004 11:19 AM
You wont hear anything hit if the timing is off.... trust me, I know...

There are three timing marks to match up. Crank and the two gears. So long as all three marks are lined up, you will be fine...
<br>

Wednesday, October 20, 2004 11:59 AM
we should be ok then,,,,execpt now the $800 tranny i picked up for the swap has a few cracks in the casing right next to the mount and we didint even install it yet! i think we looked over it when we picked it up. im waiting to hear back from the yard i bought it from. it seems like its oneroad block after another with this project! i just want my car back. <br>

00eco
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search