A few starter questions.... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A few starter questions....
Saturday, October 23, 2004 9:32 PM
3 weeks ago i bought the new 2005 Cavalier, this is my first front-wheel drive car, what ive had before were '68, '84 Camaros and a '69 Nova. This Cavalier plays a primary role as getting me back and forth to work since my '94 Silverado only gets 11 mpg. That being said, some of my questions are......

Exhaust, does anyone have the Borla exhaust? do u like it? Ive always preferred Flowmaster but not sure if they have something i can use.

Lowering, does Eibach make lowering springs for the Cavalier? Also, can someone recommend a good set of sport shocks?

Wheel bolt pattern, does anyone know if stock IROC rims will fit the Cavalier or is the bolt pattern different size?

Speakers, can someone tell me the size of the speakers in the doors?

I dont wanna mess with motor stuff yet because of the warrenty and stuff, and i certainly dont want to make its gas mileage any worse, is there anyways to make it better? i think im getting somewhere around 33mpg, but we got a lot of hills round here. About 400 miles to the tank, or 12 gallons. <br>

=================================
Howie

B & H Racing
http://home.earthlink.net/~phantomht

"If you have an open mind, your brains will fall out"

Re: A few starter questions....
Sunday, October 24, 2004 12:11 AM
eibach does make springs for all j-bodies 95' and up, which includes yours. they are the best you can get. I have kyb gr-2 gas shocks and struts, they are awesome! the bolt pattern for cav 5 lug is 5x100........................oh and you should turbo the ecotec too!!!!!!
Sunday, October 24, 2004 5:35 PM
You can fit 6.5 inch speakers in the doors. Depends on company. The depth and what not. There isn't a lot of room to work with. But definately do a whole system in the car! The deck speakers are 6x9. I wanted the dual Borla but then I saw the $1200 so I went with a Magnaflow single exit. Sounds very nice. Quite at idle and cruise, loud when it needs to be. I was told not to go with springs because the stock shocks are not meant to be lowered and cannot handle it. I don't know if this is true or not. And how do you get 33 MPG?!?! Im lucky to get 25 at the most, usually around 22, and i don't beat the car at all!

Sunday, October 24, 2004 7:08 PM
-- for Jason M.
heh heh....... unless im doing the Math wrong, last fill up i traveled a little over 400 miles and it took a little over 12 gallons to refill, i never use 5th gear under 50 mph and i spend most of my time doing between 55 - 70 mph. I live in upstate NY [Chenango Co.] and have a couple big hills i hit from my house to work, so its not like i got a nice flat route everyday like i did when i lived in Southern California.

After thinking about all the road kill i straddle everyday, im thinking twice about lowering the car any bit at all, think i will stay with the stock height and jus stiffin it up a bit with shocks and struts and some nice rims and tires. <br>

=================================
Howie

B & H Racing
http://home.earthlink.net/~phantomht

"If you have an open mind, your brains will fall out"
Monday, October 25, 2004 3:13 AM
KYB AGX's are better than the GR2's.. <br>

2004 Sunfire, 5 speed, billet aluminum short shifter
AEM CAI, experimental cams
FRD 68 Anthracite 17",215/45/17Y Ventus K104
Progress Springs, KYB AGX
Hawk HP/slotted rotors
148.8hp@5300, 155lb-ft@3800(@ the wheels)

Monday, October 25, 2004 1:02 PM
ah, well, i have an auto so that prolly doesn't help either. also when i go to school i climb a pretty big mountain on the highway doing like 60-65ish everyday. and i also live in a very mountainous region (lehigh county, Allentown area). so...... who knows. plus i never go to empty. i usually fill with 10 gallons

Monday, October 25, 2004 6:52 PM
do they make agx's for the 95 and up j-bodies? I have an 03
Wednesday, October 27, 2004 2:21 PM
yes they do make them for all 3rd gen jbodies 95-05. tirerack.com is where i got mine from its the cheapest ive seen and i got them in lie 2 days.
Friday, October 29, 2004 4:44 AM
I got mine off ebay for like $350 plus shipping
<br>

2004 Sunfire, 5 speed, billet aluminum short shifter
AEM CAI, experimental cams
FRD 68 Anthracite 17",215/45/17Y Ventus K104
Progress Springs, KYB AGX
Hawk HP/slotted rotors
148.8hp@5300, 155lb-ft@3800(@ the wheels)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search