alero Q's - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
alero Q's
Saturday, October 30, 2004 9:03 AM
I have a 04 alero with the 2.2L ecotec. I was wondering if a cai for a cavi. would work on my car? I also want to know what size the exhaust pipe is, i want to put on a turbo muffler to help liven it up alittle without making it very loud.
Thanks in advance,
Nick

Re: alero Q's
Sunday, October 31, 2004 3:13 AM
Hey dude, glad to see another alero member on the board here. For questions of this nature (not specifically geared around the ecotec engine itself) youre best bet is to join up www.aleromod.com where they will have all the info you would want. I have heard good things about the Dynomax Camaro muffler with single inlet and dual outlets on our cars, I currently am running two FlowPro resonators on each of my dual pipes. Stock exhaust size from what I remember is 1 7/8", but I would HIGHLY discourage getting a muffler with anything less than a 2.25 inlet (as Im sure you'll be stepping up the exhaust size later on down the road, and this way you wont have to buy a new muffler for that setup). As for the CAI, Im not 100% positive about modifying the Cavi/Sunfire ones, as I made myself a custom one for ALOT cheaper. But try that site I recommended, people are bound to know there.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search