2.0 SC upgrades - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.0 SC upgrades
Tuesday, November 09, 2004 11:56 AM
So after searching my @!#$ off the last few days I haven't found anyone with a redline that has tried to get different supercharger pulleys or look into any sort of upgrades at all. I'm considering a supercharged Cobalt for next fall but not until I see something fairly significant for power upgrades.

I was expecting someone would have at least made an intake and got an exhaust custom bent by now.

Is there anyone here planning on upping the power on their redline or is everyone a warranty fiend?

Does anyone know how GM got 270hp out of the concept? I know it said they were running more boost but what else was done? Head porting? Re-tuned ECU? Will there be GM upgrades for the 2.0 ?

Re: 2.0 SC upgrades
Tuesday, November 09, 2004 3:14 PM
seeing as then redline and the 2.0 eco are pretty new u will have to be patient. ive read on other forums that aem is developing an intake for the redines but outside of that there really isnt anything yet.
Wednesday, November 10, 2004 8:46 AM
2.0L Eco? Is that what they're using in the Cobalt? My eco is 2.2L...

I think RKSport is doing a Cobalt, but then again, I'm on crack. Rest assured, I know at least one company IS making Cobalt stuff. Search for SEMA and you might get something.
Wednesday, November 10, 2004 2:34 PM
RK is workin on some stuff for the cobalt, more than likely just normal bodykit & exterior stuff though at first. Truth be known I'm sure AEM & other companies will start forkin stuff out since well.. yea thats another way of making a profit =P Just gotta have a little patience <br>

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Thursday, November 11, 2004 2:21 PM
There's a vacuum line you can pinch off that will increase the supecharger's boost enough to get you about 20 or so more HP. Saturn doesn't like people to do this because of the boost level though. At least that's what several of the techs at my dealership have said... I have a 2003 Sunfire so I haven't seen it done myself. Feel free to try it though! <br>

Just trying to let people in SC know that J-bodies aren't slow or dull.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search