homemade CAI - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
homemade CAI
Saturday, June 11, 2005 6:31 PM
Before i start making my own CAI i was wondering if anyone else has fabbed one yet and has pictures? just trying to visualize what ineed to do. Second question, would there be any real difference to performance between 2.5" and 3" plumbing on the intake. the reason i ask is i have access to a bender that will do 2.5 max. i dont think it will matter but was curious to see what everyone else thought

Re: homemade CAI
Sunday, June 12, 2005 2:56 AM
There really is no performance gain if you go with 3". Stay 2 1/2" and you'll be fine.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, June 12, 2005 3:27 PM
I agree, i have not been able to tell any difference between the two except that I don't use as much gas on the 2 1/2. ( 275 a tank vs. 325 a tank ) not to mention the 2 1/2 will fit through the hole thats in your fender well already.

Saturday, July 16, 2005 6:24 AM
If you are going to do CAI and run in to fender well, loook in to getting an air bypass valve. If it rains alot where you are, it could suck water in to the engine and cause serious problems. The air bypass valve will bypass the filter to stop any water from entering your engine. AEM sells different diameter ones.
Sunday, July 17, 2005 9:33 PM
I have never had a problem with mine. I have it in the fender well, but it is toward the rear corner where it is not likely to get wet. the air is rammed through the front air dam and the filter breaths just fine, better at high speed. the rain really can't get to it. and if the water is high enough the it comes into direct contact with the filter/tube, then you probably shouldn't be out in it to begin with.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 2:16 PM
True CInny, but as a safety precaution it's not a bad idea. Say just by chance you suck water up, it'll ruin the engine permently.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search