accerlation - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
accerlation
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 1:36 PM
Looking for the best mods to increase my eco's accerlation. My engine is totally stock the only mod is a new muffler. My car has the auto trans. Please let me know what parts i need. I want to spend about 1,000 if possible i do not want to use nitrous or a turbo or supercharger. any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Re: accerlation
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 1:55 PM
breathhing that is the key to power increase the ability to breathe and your car will perform better.

"Racing is life Everything else is just waiting"
Phil
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 2:38 PM
torque converter will help a lot, dont think they are too easy to install though
Wednesday, November 30, 2005 8:06 PM
Thanks for the advise the torque converter is inside the trans and the job would be extremely diffcult job so that is out of the question. i know the idea that breathing better is the key. What i would like to know is what types of parts would i need a cai or ram air intake a 4-1 or a 4-2-1 header and best cat back to use. Is it better to order one or go get a inexpensive muffler and have a muffler shop bend a custom pipe .
Wednesday, November 30, 2005 9:43 PM
for torque converter, if you have the room, maybe go to salvage and pick one up to rebuild with aftermarket torque converter. im doing that with a block too.

most people on here say that you dont notice a difference between cai and ram air. weapon r, aem, injen, k&n are some of the popular intakes

for a cat-back, i know its more here to get one custom made unless i do it myself, but i have heard of others being able to save money by going the custom route....i prefer magnaflow personally, i know borla is good too but i dont know about how it is on cars (i got decent gains on my truck when i installed it though).

if you want faster acceleration, i'd say go with 4-2-1 header

hope that helps
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search