AEM? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AEM?
Friday, November 03, 2006 5:26 PM
I found out that GM doesnt cancel your warranty on new cobalts if you let them install an AEM cold air intake. I have a K &N now and dont want my warranty to cancelled does the AEM intake out perform the K &N ?is it worth it?

Re: AEM?
Friday, November 03, 2006 7:31 PM
yes i believe the aem outperforms the k&n, is it a drop in filter cause it definitely will, it allows you to remove the snorkel and all those stupid little plastic parts. Even if the aem does void the warranty, just install the aem yourself and whenever you take it in for work just remove the aem and instal the stock air filter on.
Saturday, November 04, 2006 12:13 PM
The AEM intakes use a K & N filter...an intake is an intake.

As far as the warranty, it doesn't matter if you made the intake yourself, they won't void your warranty unless they can prove that the part you have on your vehicle caused some type of engine damage.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 9:13 PM
you will not notice a diff in power and I dont think any intake will void warentee unless they can prove that it is what caused the problem.....goes for any mod really......

I have had warentee cover things like wheel bearings and control arm bushings and something else to and they covered it even though I had intake exhaust, lowered...well look at mod list

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Wednesday, November 29, 2006 5:13 PM
they can question the wheels bearings ans the control arm bushing because you changed the geometry of the suspension by lowering the car

Thursday, November 30, 2006 9:22 PM
exactly but they still covered it....most places wont care, there not the ones paying for it.

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search