Connecting rod upgrade question. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Connecting rod upgrade question.
Friday, March 28, 2014 4:01 AM
I'm new to the Ecotec engine , just bought my kid his first car 2005 Cobalt SS/SC (yes I know). Car had motor stuck had two bad rods and crank. I will be using a new stock lsj crankshaft but would like opinions on the different brands of aftermarket rods I see being sold for these engines. K1 , Molnar , ZZPerformance , FMSR , Eagle , or just go back with stock. Any you like or dislike. Car will be street car and will run some at local 1/8 mile track on their Friday night high school class. The rest of the motor will stay stock for now.

Re: Connecting rod upgrade question.
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 1:57 PM
Send us an email at customersupport@fmsrperformance.com - we'll help you out

-Rudy
Tuesday, July 07, 2015 11:36 PM
Hi,

The Stock rods in the 2.2 Ecotec and the LK9 / B207R Series are Forged Steel and should be good for around 600bhp according to GM,
I have a tuning manual which details that and much much more. If I can I'll post the link to my drop box for viewing
Wednesday, July 15, 2015 12:39 PM
Hey Ron,
Molnar offers good quality at a really affordable price - we've got them under MAP at $383.62
Pauter is stellar performance but you're going to pay a lot more, $898/set
And EAGLE offers a really nice Armor finish, set is $349.99 plus $79 for the finish.

Molnar:
Pauter
Eagle & Armor Finish

If you have any questions or want to order give us a ring at 603-378-0090 or email us at info@chevycavalierworld.com

- CCW

- JB
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search