08 Cobalt LS - Want to start mods - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
08 Cobalt LS - Want to start mods
Tuesday, July 22, 2014 4:05 PM
I currently have a 2008 Cobalt LS and I want to start making mods to it. It's paid off and in great stock condition I've had it for about five years now without touching it. I was interested in possibly getting a different car - stock with more hp and a better basis for performance upgrades. I've always wanted to get into modifying cars - upgrading as much as I can (performance and aesthetics), have fun playing around with learning, and experimenting with different ideas and looks, and then selling them after I was done. I also want to get more into (legal) racing. My goal in a few years is to get a WRX and tune that up and mod it to beat out a stock STI as well as break into restoring older cars. That's long term, however. For now, I want to start playing around with my Cobalt. This car is my babe. I really love it. I want to get started with making this car as competitive as I can, though I don't have any aspirations to race it or try to compare it to an SS or anything like what I've read in other forums. I just want to get started on these goals and I can't think of a better place to start than looking at the car I have (which has never given me any problems), researching, asking questions, and starting to get my hands dirty while I keep putting money aside for my next car (or my first real performance car)

So, all that being said, where is the best place to start? It's been recommended that I should start with looking into modifying the exhaust (3" catback) and the cold air intake.

Any info - even completely basic stuff or links to good resources would be hugely helpful! Also, any info that can be offered on how to best move forward with my goals would be appreciated!

Note: Please keep any negativity out of the comments - I've seen people get put down pretty harshly in other forums and I'm not interested in any of that. I reiterate I'm not trying to compare my LS to a race car nor am I trying to do anything besides make it the best that IT can be.

Re: 08 Cobalt LS - Want to start mods
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 1:58 PM
Send us an email at customersupport@fmsrperformance.com - we'll help you out

-Rudy
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search