2013 equinox questions - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2013 equinox questions
Monday, October 25, 2021 5:02 AM
i have the girl's 2013 equinox 2.4 ecotec torn down in the shop. i have horrendous oil use. she said a gallon a month. the plugs burn white but have lots of buildup. the pistons did not have much crud on them and the compression rings came out loose and free, however, the oil rings were stuck so hard that cleaning on the wire wheel did not help to free them. the rod bearings on #2,3 had .003 clearance. so i will just put in new rod bearings and new rings. can anyone tell me if it is necessary to have those jets throwing oil up into the bottom of the pistons? also, i drilled the plugged pvc port in the intake manifold out to1/8" and i ran the drill thr the manifold to the outside and plugged that hols with a 4-40 screw so in the future if the pvc return from the rocker cover fails the vacuum i can take out the screw and clean the port with a probe.

i saw a YT that the guy installed a normal pvc valve on his 2.4 and claims he now uses no oil and the engine runs better and performs better. can anyone say they have tried this mod?

i took the heads apart yesterday and the exhaust were sooty and the intake had some crud but not as bad as i have seen in some YT videos. but the valve seals wer all lose and a bit hard. so i will clean up the valves and install new seals.

this is not the original engine and the engine to Bellhouse bolts were had wrench tight and the flywheel bolts i got off with my battery impact. and they all had blue Loctite on them. so this may have been a gm engine but not the engine it was built with. and the exhaust had a broken bolt .

so does adding the normal pvc to the intake sound like a reasonable thing. i see in 2018 gm went back the pvc in the equinox 1.4 1.5 engines so maybe they learned their lesson

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search