stick shift problems - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
stick shift problems
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 11:37 PM
anyone know what it could why my car is giving me a hard time when go to put it in first

Re: stick shift problems
Thursday, January 05, 2006 7:52 PM
year/model/mileage plz. also post mods.

is it hard form a stop or rolling? is it hard to downshift from 2nd?

can you rev match and get it in? is it hard with the engine off?

what about the other gears? are they tough, even if just a little bit.?
Friday, January 06, 2006 10:03 AM
I'll assume it's a 2003+ Cavy like mine. The transmission doesn't like to shift into first when you're going like 10 mph right? Stuff like that? It's just how it is, built in safety feature. So you don't downshift into second when you're going 70 and want to go into fourth. That sort of thing. It's a pain, but it's a little bit easier with a short throw shifter.
Sunday, January 08, 2006 12:12 AM
the car is a 05 18000 miles and i got short throw but it did before i put short throw in and i did something stuiped like that goin for fourth i went to second but took out real fast
Sunday, January 08, 2006 3:29 PM
and what about the rest of the questions?
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 2:19 PM
what could be that trans doesnt want to go to first some times or is just common problem or should take to the dealer
Saturday, February 04, 2006 2:47 PM
If you are going fast and try to go into first gear the synchro's will take awhile to line up unless you rev the engine. If you are stopped and have the clutch all the way in and the shifter doesn't want to move into first, let the clutch out and push it back in and then just put a little pressure on the shifter and wait for it to go in.
Friday, February 10, 2006 4:56 PM
well mine does the same thing but iu shouldnt have to put into 1st till come to a stop if youre puttin it into 1st while ull driving then u have issuse
Saturday, February 11, 2006 4:02 AM
mine does it when i am rolling just go into 2nd then 1st no problem.......synchros need help lining up (so i have been told)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search