Stalled twice..... - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Stalled twice.....
Tuesday, September 26, 2006 7:28 AM
like the title states....the motor just cut out two times....Started it up and it died after like 5 seconds...started it up again and it died again....started it up a third time and gave it a good rev and it held the idle....any ideas? happened once before at at a toll plaza too

oh yea....its an 03 2.2 eco in a sunfire with 48k on the clock, had plenty of gas

thanks guys

Re: Stalled twice.....
Monday, May 07, 2007 10:47 AM
We are all wondering that same question? Some say go have the dealer re format your computer to moderen settings, some say Traction control decice is lieing to your computer , some say its becouse of a bad wheel sensor. Online you can buy one of those things that plug into your obd 2 harness and it records valuable data for around 150 bucks. I forgot the name but if you searched it out you would find that it would work on 96 and newer vehicles and comes with some nifty software for your pc and a usb cable to conect to it.
Friday, May 11, 2007 4:44 AM
i work at a dealership in service, and your guess is a good as mine. we do not see a whole lot of them but even our techs that have been here for 10 or more year could not tell you
Friday, May 11, 2007 9:42 AM
Well I'm about to try a downstream o2 sensor. I put a junk yard engine in my car and it fired right up. The SES light came on and the trac light later that evening. So I'm thinking the down stream o2 sensor was not replaced and that is why the light came back on. It stalled on me twice this morning and on my way home I could see a little blue smoke out of the tail pipe. I belive it must be burn off from the massive amound of oil the car was burning before, I hope! I shall let all know!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search