HOW DO YOU JACK UP A 2005 CAVALIER ???? - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HOW DO YOU JACK UP A 2005 CAVALIER ????
Sunday, January 14, 2007 1:40 AM
WHILE DOING AN OIL CHANGE I COULDNT REACH THE OIL DRAIN PLUG SO I WANTED TO JACK UP THE PASSENGER SIDE TO STICK MY ARM UNDER THERE .. I KNOW THIS ISNT VERY SAFE TO PUT UR BODY UNDER A CAR LIFTED ONLY BY A JACK BUT I DIDNT KNOW HOW TO JACK IT UP ANYWAYS ... THE OWNERS MANUAL SAYS TO LOOK FOR NOTCHES IN THE FRAME 8 OR 9 INCHES BEHIND THE FRONT WHEELS , WELL I LOOKED AT THE MATING SURFACE OF THE JACK AND FOUND NO CONTACT POINT ON THE FRAME OF THIS CAR OTHER THEN THE FLIMSY LOOKING FOLDED OVER SHEET METAL INCIRCLING THE ENTIRE VEHICLE, IS THIS MEANT AS A JACKING POINT ?? BECAUSE I LOOKED AT THE BACK WHEELS WHERE IT SAYS TO JACK FROM AND IF I INSERT THE JACK THERE I THINK IT WOULD CONTACT A BRAKE LINE .. THAT DOESNT SEEM RIGHT , ANY IDEAS ?

Re: HOW DO YOU JACK UP A 2005 CAVALIER ????
Sunday, January 14, 2007 10:10 AM
If you look at the lip just back from the front tire the metal there is doubled up..Thats the jacking point..Same with the rear look forward a bit you will see the same thing..Also if you are changing the oil jack up on the drivers side so the drain plug is angled down oil will come out better..
Re: HOW DO YOU JACK UP A 2005 CAVALIER ????
Tuesday, January 16, 2007 9:15 PM
I use ramps, it tilts the engine so the drain is at the low point.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search