HELP! - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HELP!
Sunday, March 25, 2007 11:02 AM
OK so I need a few ideas to figure out what I pulled loose or fried.

Last night I finished up wiring up my amp with larger guage. No problems.

This morning since it was nice out, I decided to remove my intake resonator in preperation of ordering and installing my new intake. Anyway after I removed the resonator and put everything back together, I started it and made sure everything still worked OK. It was fine. I turned it off, shut the hood and put back away my tools.

I go to start the car and move it to the driveway, and my lights flash, hazards flash, the chime goes on and off and the service light comes on. So I shut off the car. I look under the hood and see iff I have un-plugged anything. It seems fine. So I start it again and it appears normal, no service light. I try my turn signal and the flashers on the dash go on and the odometer go bright and dim in beat with the flashers, so I go outside the car and the signals are working correcly, and so far that is the state the car is still in. I have not driven it anywhere yet but it seems to be running correctly.

Anyone have any ideas what happened?

Re: HELP!
Sunday, March 25, 2007 11:36 AM
wipers and headlights do not work.
Sunday, March 25, 2007 4:25 PM
service engine light stays on now. Any ideas?
Monday, April 02, 2007 6:26 AM
FIXED IT!!

Problem originally happened after I removed the intake resonator.

Turns out that there is a ground wire with a terminal that screws to the washer fluid containter and grounds on the chassis that I removed when I took out the resonator, and when I put it back together, I apprently did not re-attach it when I put everything back together.

So, now it is re-connected and everything works fine. That's what I get for being in such a hurry when I was taking out the resnator.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search