right side caliper 2003 sunfire - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
right side caliper 2003 sunfire
Tuesday, April 17, 2007 9:16 AM
okay , my car(03 sunfire) shakes at 75 miles per hour , i went to an alingment shop they told me that the aligment is good , right on the specs , and i'm thinking about my right side caliper because when i changed the brakes on the front i noticed that the interior pad is shaved on the at about 30 degrees (not temperature) more at the bottom than at the top , but the outside pad is okay , is there any problems with the brakes on sunfires or cavs ????
by the way the car now has 45169 miles

any help will be appreciated

Re: right side caliper 2003 sunfire
Thursday, April 19, 2007 6:11 PM
Does it shake when you're braking or just accelerating?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, April 20, 2007 7:49 AM
shakes when i brake until until i hit 60mph

when i accelerate off the line no it does not shake ,

this other day i went with the music off just to listen to the car , and i can constantly hear a squiling to the right side front , and if i hit the brakes i hear it louder
Friday, April 20, 2007 1:50 PM
When was the last time you changed your brake pads?

Friday, April 20, 2007 3:32 PM
about 6000 miles ago
Saturday, April 21, 2007 4:52 PM
Marian Belea wrote:about 6000 miles ago

Might want to go and see a technician about your pads and just to make sure, your calipers.

I know my car shakes like a bitch at high speed braking but I am positive it's cause of my brake pads that I have neglected to get done for a while now...

Friday, April 27, 2007 11:55 AM
did you replace the rotors? how many miles on the car? did you put the pad in the caliper properly? alot of things could have caused the shaking

Saturday, July 28, 2007 6:38 AM
both slider bolts are nice and clean, maybe one is not sliding back and continues to rub even after you release the brakes!
Monday, September 03, 2007 5:42 AM
yeah i just started on this site and i been a mechanic in the military for almost 4 years now and the problem wit the shakin couls be ur shocks or struts being bad or possibly and idle arm or could be simple as ur wheels being out of balance.not hard to fix for a mechanic just bring it to ur local shop or if u had lowered ur car or cut the springs u might want to put some new shocks and struts on it their not hard to change out.......
Monday, September 03, 2007 5:48 AM
yeah and shakin when u brake is cuz last time u had ur brakes done they never resurfaced the rotors or u just brake to hard and over time ur rotors get warped and when ur brakes sqeal its cuz theres a little metal thing that hits the rotor when ur pads get too low its kind of like a warning sign to put new pads on...brakes arent hard to do if u need help wit anything id love to help....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search