Driver Side window will not go up 2004 cavy LS 4 door - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Driver Side window will not go up 2004 cavy LS 4 door
Saturday, May 05, 2007 10:10 AM
Anybody know why the window wont go up? I have a 2004 cavalier 4 door and the driver side window will not go up for nothing. Its power window unfortunately. Any one know how to fix this or even get the window up for now just to be up?

Re: Driver Side window will not go up 2004 cavy LS 4 door
Thursday, May 17, 2007 7:33 PM
Well. After about 2 weeks of my window not going up and me warrying someone will steal my car, my window decided to go up just as I was telling my friend that it hasnt gone up for 2 weeks. Oh well. Ill keep it up for a while.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008 5:25 PM
Now window goes up slow and stops. I then wait for a minute and press the button again and again it stops. I grab the windo wand pull it up at the same time to make it go up faster. My back passenger window goes down, but takes FOREVER TO COME UP. small movements when u are not watching and just holding the button and so I don't roll it down anymore. Passenger back window only goes up by pressing the button on the door itself to go up. The middle console will not control it. Any thoughts? Is it something electrical not getting enough juice?
Wednesday, March 12, 2008 7:33 PM
prob got a shorted switch. or corrosion under the switch. Pop it off with a screwdriver and take a look.
Sunday, March 23, 2008 7:08 PM
Javier i had the same problem your describing with mine i'm almost positive it's the window motor because the same thing happened to mine as just stated, i took it in to Gm and they replaced it for i think between $150 and $200. Would have cost more if it was the regulator itself on the power windows you have a regulator and the window motor the regulator from what i have been told is the more expensive of the two. Years ago this happened on the S10 Blazer we had only in that case you could pull up on the window and it would go up or if you pulled down on it it would go all the way down, As for the back windows they are always slower than the fronts or at least on mine they are.
Monday, May 28, 2012 11:57 PM
Check both the motor and the switch. You may need to replace some window regulator parts if there is no problem with the motor and switch.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search