Intake goo? - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Intake goo?
Monday, March 19, 2007 8:59 AM
I have a 2.2 in my wifes 03 Cav. While changing the oil I took the intake tube off that runs between the filter and the engine and was greeted by some water? and some brownish goo. It had no smell to speak of and was oily. The liquid looked like water and did not evaporate quickly. I looked in the breather tube for the valve pan and found more goo. I assume it is coming from the pan and is aspirating into the intake cowling. Anyone have any ideas on what it is and what is causing it?

Thanks!

Matthew McCarrell

Re: Intake goo?
Thursday, April 26, 2007 8:37 AM
i noticed the same on mine....im assuming its oil from a breather

Thursday, April 26, 2007 1:04 PM
if it is water like and brown, your oil may be broke down to the point were it is foaming. try another oil and a good flush, also check oil that comes out in oil change, maybe be first signs of your water or antifreeze getting in your oil, just a thought.
Friday, April 27, 2007 11:54 AM
its condensation in the engine if the car doesnt gte driven very often it will cause that and if the car is driven alot and not allowed to reach the full operating temp it will cause this

Sunday, May 06, 2007 6:23 AM
my car has the same stuff, its condinsation, blowbygasses/water/oil. The 2.2l have a crumy PCV system that should let out most of the natual accuring moisture. Mostly happens in winter. Check out my posts and you will see why im ganna trade mine in on a VW.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search