Ion Trans Problems???? - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ion Trans Problems????
Wednesday, February 22, 2006 1:10 AM
i have an 2005 ion qc 5sp...i been in service 4 times for my trans, They say i drive the car to hard that i shift to hard an are braking the shift forks and they wont pay to fix it again an 2 weeks later(not even racing it) it brakes again....So me an a buddy of mine take the trans out and rip it apart, What i saw was werid this is my first time in a saturn trans so they all might be liek this but, the shift fork that holds the gear into place on the ends are lil pieces of plactic holding it, Saturn says it to keep noise down...So me an my buddy made a template and made some rubber ones and put trans back together and its been good so far, I was wonderin if anyone had trans problems or knows if all saturns trans are like this, I was also wondering could ion's bad wheel hop be a facter????? I'm new to this site and i was reading some post before of making the engine mounts better does this also go for trans mounts? I know some places offer engine mounts which im looking into, Just wonderin whats better for my dollars....Thanks in head of time for all info....

Sleeper
Cell
Ion

15.97@90mph 1/4 mile

Re: Ion Trans Problems????
Thursday, May 31, 2007 12:26 PM
I also just had problems with my transmission and I was told it was probably the shift forks but someone else said that it may be the synchros. but my 3rd n 4th wont work. I had no problems with it the nite before when i drove but the next morning on my way to work the first time i tried to get into 4th it had a little grind n i only had to go in 4th a few times goin to work n it did it everytime but after work the first time i tired to get into third it just kept grinding n wouldnt go in then fourth wouldnt work either, just kept grinding like third n that was that... it happened just a few miles after 30,000 and ive only ran it 4 times at the track n i hardly drive it hard outside of that (its a work vehicle for now lol). anybody got any help or advice?

thanks

15.70@89.89MPH 1/4Mile
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search