S/C - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
S/C
Thursday, June 07, 2007 4:52 PM
What is the maintenance on the S/C? the same one the cobalts have........

Re: S/C
Friday, June 15, 2007 10:06 PM
Same for the most part...well just like most cars. Just look things over, change oil and run colder plugs (assuming you're talking about putting the supercharger on a 2.2).

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, September 28, 2007 8:43 AM
Do not put a super charger on a 2.2 it is not worth the money spent or the gains you get i would say get your self a turbo...thats the way to go on a I4 fwd...that s/c will just make you upset...

167,000 on an Ecotec since 02

Friday, October 05, 2007 6:49 PM
um, have YOU ever driven a supercharged ecotec car ?? I have a 2007 ion redline and the damn thing is insane, I have eaten up turbo cars. get real man, the torque from a supercharger far outweighs the peakey (nothing for power until it spools up then the thing violently screams away from you) gains of a turbo. what is your profession again ?? haha, jk man, seriously you gotta know what the man is trying to do, a dailey driver is going to be way more fun with a s/c than a turbo, but if it's top end brute force you want, then turbo all the way, just be sure you know what your getting into, the turbo is really vioent when it finally spools up (bigger ones are, and smaller ones that don't do it are too small to out perform a sc) btw a 2007 ion RL is 205 horse and 195 torque. the torque is what moves the car (ability to work) the horse power is what keeps it at speed (work done) so for acceleration, it's torque all the way. thats why deisel trucks can spank most cars out there, the other day i saw a 2006 ram deisel spank a camaro ss!! i was so impressed i finally understood the deffinition of torque and horsepower.

torque is what moves or accelerates the car, a super charger makes more of this, so low end a sc wins.
horsepower is what keeps a car statically at speed, not accelerating, by deffiniton, so for high speed a turbo wins, ei: drag and stuff.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search