Dead - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dead
Wednesday, December 12, 2007 7:56 AM
My car will not start. The charging system is fine, it just will not run. It had been hard to start every once in a while but this time it started, then died, then refused to start back up. I tried starting fluid, and it ran for a few seconds, long enough to burn up the starting fluid. So any ideas what it could be?

Re: Dead
Wednesday, December 12, 2007 9:02 AM
anyone?
Wednesday, December 12, 2007 3:56 PM
bad Fuel pump or probably a clogged fuel filter, have you hooked a fuel pressure gauge up to it?
Thursday, December 13, 2007 10:16 AM
sounds like a fuel pump, or no power getting to the pump. could also be clogged filter
Friday, December 14, 2007 12:53 PM
any check engine
Re: ALIVE AGAIN!
Thursday, December 20, 2007 4:53 PM
Fixed. It was the fuel pump. I started to do it myself but... hard to siphon gas out of tank, tank is plastic (I didn't want to break it) and tank was full, so I put it back together (what I had taken apart), bought a fuel pump and took it to a family friend/mechanic shop owner. He put in the new pump for me for cheap. Runs again.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Friday, December 21, 2007 7:32 PM
glad you got it started man, i was gonna say it sounded like a fuel delivery issue
Saturday, February 02, 2008 1:46 PM
mike2200, i noticed you mentioned trying starting fluid is yours an ecotec 2.2, if so i didn't know there was a spot on there to use starting fluid if the engine became hard to start. I only mention that because i remember our old blazer the S10 we had had the 4.3 vortec but that was throttle body and occasionally when the engine was cold like after sitting overnight etc, we would have to use starting fluid on that and then of course it just fired right over.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search