dead cyclinder - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
dead cyclinder
Tuesday, August 19, 2008 5:28 AM
well hello people,it has been a long time since i've posted,sorry about that.now two years ago i blew up my motor,supecharger was fine thank goodness,well i put a motor in it finally and as the topic says dead cyclinder,nuber three to be exact,now with this being said,here is all that i've done,drained gas out of the car,all of it. put fresh gas and injector cleaner,changed the fuel filter,brand new spark pluges ac delco oem,fpr has vacum injectors are all getting voltage,outside of taking my fuel rail off and having somebody crank while i watch the injectors spray into the air, i believe thats not problem,replaced the coil pack,still same problem,i think it's the ignition control module,but i'm tired of throwing money into this problem,i can't drive the car that far,it does start good every time doesn't idle worth a $hit but once in a while,there is a golden moment when it does idle like it should,the reason i say its a dead cyclinder i pulled the plug out after driving down the road and the plug was still clean,the other plugs looked like normal plugs ,nice and black .check engine light once and a while flashes but most of the time its solid,i know that i have other issues if its not flashing,flashing i think means mis-fire or at least that is what the car has always done to me in the past,i have checked the gap in the plugs,cleaned each time i took them out to see what the motor was doing in side,like i said i have a three cyclinder cavalier,any thoughts would be great , i feel that i need another set eyes on this, Thanks people

if at first you don't succeed,you should probably give up

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search