engine light and T/C light won't go off - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
engine light and T/C light won't go off
Saturday, January 10, 2009 5:32 AM
I have a 2005 sunfire and I had recently had to drive in a major snow strom, as a result My car was packed with snow and I got I was basically stuck and had to push my car to get it out of the snow...just to clarify I didn't crash the snow just blew in from the storm... It is now showing the engine light and the light for the T/C is on as well...I tried checking to see if there was snow blocking something but there is not the lights come on anyway. I also tired removing the battery cable to reset the code but it only lasted a few hours and it cam back on...

I am stumpped!!

Re: engine light and T/C light won't go off
Wednesday, January 14, 2009 9:30 PM
I had the same exact problem. Its the wheel speed sensor behind one of your font rotors. I tried to replace it my self not knowing it needed a specific gap and broke it again so make sure u set the gap right. All i did to make mine go off was spin my tires going up my snowy driveway. unfortunately i had to have the dealership fix it bc when it broke it also pulled wires out of the harness alittle so. Its your wheel speed sensor on one of the sides.
Re: engine light and T/C light won't go off
Thursday, January 15, 2009 6:37 PM
Thank You very much!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search