Intake Sensor 03 Sunfire - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Intake Sensor 03 Sunfire
Saturday, March 07, 2009 10:14 PM
i keep getting the check light for the intake sensor , i have changed it and cleared the code and it worked. what im trying to get to is that everytime i use my a\c the sensor shorts out and i have to change it , and the car will be fine until i use the a\c again

any solutions ? or suggestions ?

Re: Intake Sensor 03 Sunfire
Sunday, March 08, 2009 11:07 AM
okay the code is P0113 , IAT (Intake Air Temp) circuit
Tuesday, March 17, 2009 5:54 PM
Follow your sensor wires u might have a loose wire that grounds out when u turn on the A/C compressor. Or your car may be trying to compensate to much for the A/C coming on and sending to much to your sensor. Just suggestions im no positive. I would check the wiring though.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 8:37 PM
in fact it was the wiring for the wiring , and aparently GM even has a replacement kit for it for 30 $ , so it works great but not even a day later after i fixed that my car , it got totaled
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:28 PM
Caleb Douglas wrote:Follow your sensor wires u might have a loose wire that grounds out when u turn on the A/C compressor. Or your car may be trying to compensate to much for the A/C coming on and sending to much to your sensor. Just suggestions im no positive. I would check the wiring though.

I know this thread is now finished due to the car being written off(sucks to hear that), but IAT and A/C are completely different systems and have NOTHING to do with each other. Although you were correct in giving the advice to check the wires.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search