Flush the Radiator - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Flush the Radiator
Monday, June 15, 2009 12:46 PM
How do i fully flush the coolant on an 04 Cavalier?

Re: Flush the Radiator
Monday, June 15, 2009 4:18 PM
There is a drain plug on the rad. You can put a garden hose into the resevoir with the water on, while the engine is running with the drain plug on the rad open also. Allow water to cycle through until it's just water coming out the bottom of the rad. Just watch your engine temp to make sure it does get too hot.
Monday, June 15, 2009 8:11 PM
Mr.Choo wrote:There is a drain plug on the rad. You can put a garden hose into the resevoir with the water on, while the engine is running with the drain plug OPEN. Allow water to cycle through until it's just water coming out the bottom of the rad. Just watch your engine temp to make sure it does get too hot.

Fixed that statement
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 9:43 PM
Don't try this in 40 and below you will only be frustrated.

NO matter what i did i could not get the thing hot enough so that the thermostat would open, I let it idle for damn near 30 minutes and the held it at 2500 rpm in 3 minute intervals still didn't work.

I had to take it on a drive to get it hot then come back and come back jack the car open the drain and run cold water down it's throat.
Monday, January 23, 2012 6:50 PM
Before you start your spectra radiator flush, make sure you have everything you need. There's nothing worse than draining your radiator only to realize that you need to drive to the auto store for something!
Tuesday, June 05, 2012 1:58 PM
you'll get almost all the coolant out just by opening the rad drain (carefull or you'll break it) and water pump drain.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search