power steering hose leak, or rack and pinion leak? - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
power steering hose leak, or rack and pinion leak?
Friday, July 10, 2009 7:16 PM
hey guys, i got a 05 cavalier and have recently been leaking oil. noticed the problem when smoke erupted from my engine, and when i looked in, it seemed like the ps fluid was leaking across the frame, beneath the header (tsudo), making smoke. ive checked both lines, and to the best of my knowledge, no leak. so im thinking maybe its leaking inside the rack and pinion and leaking out onto the frame? and there also seems to be oil all over the place down there, like it is spraying when i turn(which makes sense, since its hydraulic). appreciate any help fellas.

Re: power steering hose leak, or rack and pinion leak?
Monday, July 13, 2009 11:16 PM
is most of the oil mostly around the passenger side of the motor cause mine just started leaking there and i cant find the leak plus my powerstearing fluid is low as well
Tuesday, July 14, 2009 6:05 PM
it started on the passenger side, but eventually started leaking on the driver side as well.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:54 AM
it almost soounds like it might be powersteering cause the hoses for the powersteering goes from the front drivers side to the back passanger side i would say go get some brakeclean and spray everywhere were there is oil and then check in a few days and maybe that will make it easyier to see were the leak is coming from
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search