Ecotec Guru's, I need help with a friend's '06 Cobalt - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec Guru's, I need help with a friend's '06 Cobalt
Thursday, December 29, 2011 7:40 PM
The problem that my friend is having is her '06 cobalt hesitates/stumbles when the vehicle gets around 1/2 tank or less of fuel. The fuel level part is weird, I don't have a scanner that will show me live data from the pcm/sensors. The check engine light is off and there are no active or inactive codes. I looked the fuel system and engine over and didnt see anything wrong. no rusty/ leaking lines or tank or anything, no unhooked evap lines, horribly clogged filter, obvious stuff. I know to suggest a fuel filter/ spark plugs/ air filter, the normal tune up stuff. the car has about 80,000 miles, the engine is unknown because the car was wrecked in another state previously and I don't have any records. I don't like the electric throttle body on it and I also don't know how to test if it's wearing out. Sometimes its a Pcm thing, a recall maybe or a common bug with those years? I dont know, just looking for some input since I'm new to ecotec engines. Thanks

Re: Ecotec Guru's, I need help with a friend's '06 Cobalt
Monday, March 19, 2012 2:49 PM
check the fuel pressure regulator if its spewing out some fluid then thats what the problem is
Re: Ecotec Guru's, I need help with a friend's '06 Cobalt
Monday, July 30, 2012 9:41 PM
Luke Hoff wrote:The problem that my friend is having is her '06 cobalt hesitates/stumbles when the vehicle gets around 1/2 tank or less of fuel. The fuel level unit part is weird, I don't have a scanner that will show me live data from the pcm/sensors. The check engine light is off and there are no active or inactive codes. I looked the fuel system and engine over and didnt see anything wrong. no rusty/ leaking lines or tank or anything, no unhooked evap lines, horribly clogged filter, obvious stuff. I know to suggest a fuel filter/ spark plugs/ air filter, the normal tune up stuff. the car has about 80,000 miles, the engine is unknown because the car was wrecked in another state previously and I don't have any records. I don't like the electric throttle body on it and I also don't know how to test if it's wearing out. Sometimes its a Pcm thing, a recall maybe or a common bug with those years? I dont know, just looking for some input since I'm new to ecotec engines. Thanks

Try checking the fuel sending level unit. It might needed to be replaced since it already was in a wrecked before and add to that the 80k miles that the car has been.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search