Malibu sputtering idle small backfires, possible misfires - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Malibu sputtering idle small backfires, possible misfires
Sunday, April 27, 2014 11:53 AM
Started out of nowhere. When idling car sputters randomly and putt putt noises out the muffler. It hasnt died one time yet. Car jerks when sputtering. The cel came on and gave me a po449 evap emissions control vent/valve solenoid. I was told by a few people that wouldnt cause my rough sputtering idle is this true??? Also I got a random cylinder misfire code but im not sure it was a "direct" code (spark plugs, tuneup etc.) or if something else caused it to misfire. So far ive changed the spark plugs and boots. And the purge valve. No affect on the idle at all. Im hesitant to change the solenoid because so many have told me it wont cause my issue but at the same time ive read other posts online saying it will directly cause a rough idle. Plus I have to drop half my has tank to get to it so ive held off on changing it. Please help! I have an hour drive to and from work every day and this is killin me! Any help is appreciated thank you. Sorry its a 05 Malibu with the 2.2 Ecotec. Also I should add it runs almost perfect with my foot on the gas. Idling is rough and jerky, if I turn on radio and heat/ac/anything that pulls more power it gets worse.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search