question about fpr on 02 ls sport cavy. - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
question about fpr on 02 ls sport cavy.
Monday, December 13, 2004 11:55 AM
i tried to post on jbody.org and wanted to see over here too...

as everyone knows i have a 2002 cavalier with the ecotec in it now. ok my intake design is different from everyone elses ecos in the jbok car club that has the ecos and my ait sensor the plug for it has been cut off and a new one spliced on i was courious about this. ok the other day i wanted to run some seafoam through the motor and i pulled the vac line off my fpr to use and i have no vac on this line it doesnt pull any seafoam in and you can put your finger on it and it doesnt pull your finger twards it nor does the motor bog in anyway and i get no vac on it even if i rev the motor up while trying to pull in some seafoam. what i want to know is it bad on the fpr to not have vac. and will this cause my car to run rich because my exhaust tip has turned black and the bumper has some black specs on it too. let me know thanks..

Re: question about fpr on 02 ls sport cavy.
Tuesday, December 21, 2004 10:13 AM
anyone? help? please!

Tuesday, December 21, 2004 4:00 PM
Dude I had the intake a little bit after they put it out and mine has always been tucked away by the intake man. since I put it on. That was 2 years ago and I haven't had any problems. But come summer I'm going to get a fitting to hook it up. I wouldn't worry. As for running rich it alway has and that is normal from what I have seen. Make sure when you clean the rear that you use clay bar between washing and waxing to get rid of the specs. Another guy on our site (JBOC) used something a little abrasive to get them off and it didn't work. Clay bar is awsome on it after you was it. PS he has a 2200 (non-eco) motor and has the specs.

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Monday, December 27, 2004 11:34 AM
hey thats cool man thanks for the info. about time someone answered this question. thanks again...

Thursday, January 06, 2005 2:22 AM
do not seafoam nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dont do it the eco doesnt like it sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee yourself <br>

its a cavalier i should get 2 cars and the hit

Thursday, January 06, 2005 1:39 PM
^^^^ thanks for the warning. my questoin was is it bad on the car that i have no vac to the fpr....

Saturday, January 15, 2005 12:58 PM
I don't know what that seafoam stuff is but it dosen't sound good!

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 9:26 AM
i have used sea foam 5 times now on my eco.. hasnt effected it in ANY way besaides doing what its made for...

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 10:36 AM
i actually discoverd the other day that my buddy with a 02 his does the exact same thing... ah well.... never hurt to ask the question..

Thursday, December 15, 2005 7:29 PM
yes, its bad that you dont have vacuum to the FPR.

seafoam is okay, but not any better than plain water.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search