repair manual that covers the ECOTEC - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
repair manual that covers the ECOTEC
Saturday, June 04, 2005 4:31 PM
does someone have the ISBN number for a repair/service manual that will cover years that have the Ecotec. I have both a Haynes and Chilton's that only go up to 2000.

Re: repair manual that covers the ECOTEC
Sunday, June 05, 2005 7:17 AM
I contacted Haynes on that, and they will not have a manual out for the ecotec until July/August of 2005 that is what they told me when I asked back in February
Sunday, June 05, 2005 3:48 PM
FYI

Authentic Technical Service Information

http://www.helminc.com
Monday, June 06, 2005 11:21 AM
ya saw that site a couple weeks ago.

Those are the Authentic Technical Service from GM directly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 4:45 AM
I have a hynes I picked up at autozone last month. It covers the 2.4 and both 2.2's. I saw it and got it. I'l see if I can get you a number.

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Monday, June 13, 2005 6:26 PM
ok I found a post in the general section that told me the names of allot of the other cars that have the Ecotec engine in them. I then went to google and ran a search on each name with Ecotec added to the search parameters. I found that the Saturn L-series has not one but two books available from Haynes and Chilton's. I was able to find solid information on the Chilton's manual, and I will be calling up Autozone tomorrow to see if they have it in stock or can order it for me.

heres the information so far:
Chilton
Isbn # 1563925559
about $15.00

I'll post back more when I know on availability.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 3:06 PM
#38016 is the number but it is the revised edition on the cover it will say 1995-2004. Other than that it looks the same. By the bar code it # isbn 1 56392 571 0, 799-1959

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Thursday, June 16, 2005 7:51 AM
I managed to find the book (cavalier one) at advance auto parts of all places, they usually have books for things no one needs, no really. anyway I found that along with the new contents and only slightly different cover, the ISBN number did change due to the revision.

old book 95-00 is 156392403
new book with the Ecotec info 95-04 is 1563925710

another quick way to get the right one if you can't find it at the store is at BN.com or amazon.com do your search by the ISBN number to make sure you get the right one.

thanks for putting me on the path Yellowcavailer. now I don't have to guess anymore. Ecotec swap here I come.

Thursday, June 16, 2005 6:29 PM
Cinny wrote:I managed to find the book (cavalier one) at advance auto parts of all places, they usually have books for things no one needs, no really. anyway I found that along with the new contents and only slightly different cover, the ISBN number did change due to the revision.

old book 95-00 is 156392403
new book with the Ecotec info 95-04 is 1563925710

another quick way to get the right one if you can't find it at the store is at BN.com or amazon.com do your search by the ISBN number to make sure you get the right one.

thanks for putting me on the path Yellowcavailer. now I don't have to guess anymore. Ecotec swap here I come.

Search both sites and found nothing...

Thursday, June 16, 2005 6:58 PM
well that bites, it is available in the store apparently since I was ale to get one. it may be so new they don't have it added to their inventory.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 9:43 AM
Cinny wrote:

That is exactly how I felt when I found it!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search