redline/cobalt ss tranny noise?? - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
redline/cobalt ss tranny noise??
Thursday, September 01, 2005 8:07 PM
hey guys,new member here,i have a 2004 redline[ion],since almost new i have noticed a pretty annoying driveline noise....sounds like a scuffing/scraping noise and is worse while coasting and when engine is hot.disappears when clutch is disengaged[pushed in],dealership has told me multiple times that this is normal operating noise,have even called saturn customer service to record my concerns,.was wondering if any redline/cobalt ss owners are having similar probs????.also...any ideas on a good exhaust header for my car??.2.0 supercharged ecotec.thanks guys!

Re: redline/cobalt ss tranny noise??
Thursday, September 01, 2005 11:00 PM
As far as the noise it has to do with the clutch. i don't think it is the trans itself. now as for a header i think your car has the high flow manifold. it looks like it flows well. i would look into a intake and a cat back then a maybe cryo to spray the heat exchanger for a cooler charge. that would be a good start.

see ya!

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 7:44 PM
I do not know how anyone can diagnose this noise through email. I dont have that kind of problems. does it go away with clutch disengaged? does go away with tranny in neutral and coasting? have you tried a second opinion? have you tried testing another car to see if it is normal in all cars? just trying to help.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"] Click to see My CARDOMAIN Page

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]1/4 - 13.9 @ 101.6, Best 60ft 2.1840 Performance mods to obtain best times - GMS2 and a K&N drop in filter.
But now GMS2 is SOLD [SIZE="2"]Car needs more work with tune. 13.9 with very rough tune.

[SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Blue"]GIMILI Drag Raceway September 29th or BUST

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 2:00 PM
i think thats why hes posting, he wants to find out if it really is normal.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search