rattle / noise up to 2000rpm - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rattle / noise up to 2000rpm
Friday, February 10, 2006 9:35 AM
Hi there

On my 2002 ecotec Grand-Am, if you try to accellerate at all when the motor is below 2000 rpm there is the little rattle noise that you can hear, the more you press the gas, the louder it is, no matter what gear your in (5 speed) it makes this noise... I had the dealer check it out, I took it out for a ride with them, me driving & the mechanic driving and he said it was nothing, probally a heat shield or something stupid rattling...

but it allways stops at 2000 RPM even, you never hear the noice otherwise... and there is no hesitation or anything else associated with this, just a noise...

anyone else on here got this???

-Daniel

PS Only 72,000km on this, and its a 2 door with no mods at all accept a K&N pannel filter in the stock box.

Re: rattle / noise up to 2000rpm
Friday, February 10, 2006 1:49 PM
Does it sound like a metal on metal rattle, or a plastic on metal rattle?

Where is the sound coming from? Towards the engine bay, below the floor, towards the rear, maybe behind the dashboard?

Freakin morons.... When will they learn. Hold On Not Done Accelerating
Re: rattle / noise up to 2000rpm
Sunday, February 12, 2006 11:21 AM
Defekter Engel wrote:Does it sound like a metal on metal rattle, or a plastic on metal rattle?

Where is the sound coming from? Towards the engine bay, below the floor, towards the rear, maybe behind the dashboard?

its a fairly dull / low rattleand is coming from the front of the car at least...... its much easier to hear with the window down..... could be under the floor of the front seats... or in the under-hood area... hard to tell....

Any ideas??
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search