rpm concern..... - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rpm concern.....
Tuesday, July 04, 2006 5:07 AM
i have had my car for 2 years all ready, 2004 chevrolet cavalier LS 4dr...i hav raced it with a tenzoR filter, modified exhaust, and coilover sleeves...it didnt really hit me until recently on how the stock rpm gauge moves slowly when reving on neutral...i have notice in most cars that the needle on the stock gauge revs pretty quick, but with my car reving, it will sound like its hitting redline but the needle is like maybe 1.5 to 2 seconds late...i was just wondering if that is how it is on other cavaliers and that is how chevy made or i need to have it checked...i hope someone replies back soon before i do anything stupid .....peace out

oh yeh if anyone is wondering....my car ran a 14.1 secs @ 99mph....a full injen intake is coming in soon, plus a full modified cat exhaust for more air-flo(with low of funds and location difficulties)...also some advice on future parts.....GOAL is ten sec all motor(if possible)....thank you

Re: rpm concern.....
Thursday, September 21, 2006 2:28 PM
no offense but a filter, coilover sleeves and a modified exhaust would not run a 14.1 maybe a real timeslip and its more beliaveable. but im just not seein it.
I have a 02 cavi 2dr 2.2l ecotec with aem intake, 18 in rims, catback exhaust and pacesetter headers and i havent drivin it down the 1/4 mile but i know it wouldnt even go in to 14s prolly
Friday, September 28, 2007 9:26 AM
it mya be because you bought the AEM gooseneck intake...

167,000 on an Ecotec since 02

Sunday, September 30, 2007 9:46 AM
yes that problem occurs due to the LM-1 setup the use to measure Revalations Per Minute...its no big deal tho you can buy LMA-2 Upgrade kits but its really not neccescary....i hope you dont let it tach out in neutral when you race....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search