KNN CAI bracket break - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
KNN CAI bracket break
Monday, September 11, 2006 9:03 AM
Hey! I installed a KNN cold air intake on my 2003 sunfire and the bracket that holds the CAI in place( L shaped ) broke. Now, thats minimal problem, but the fact it broke made it loose and it smashed at the bottom of the motor, creating a small hole (cigarette tub size) just before the cone <. Now, my question is, where could the aluminium piece of that hole go?? Could it have gone through my throttle body?? Thanks!

Re: KNN CAI bracket break
Monday, October 09, 2006 10:16 AM
Well If that part sucked into the motor you would have know about it..And as long as you have a copy of your bill it will be covered under Warranty..I broke 2 tubes and am on my 3..I found that if you tighten that bracket to much it wont move and well it will break..What I did was got 2 nylon washers put one on first,then put the tube on..put on the next washer..then I got a nylon lock washer and tightened it just so the tube had a little play in it..What i found works if you can just slid the hood prop under it...Also I found putting soil motor mounts in really helps..Also if you look at the power sterring pump there is a hose clamp there make sure it is facing down so the ends of it dont rub on the tube..Best of luck.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search