R.I.P. MOTOR - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
R.I.P. MOTOR
Monday, April 24, 2006 11:07 PM
Here some pics of the engine. It happened to me when i was on the interstate in the hot west texas sun. I was stuck in the sun for almost two hours until the tow truck came.

Alright heres the situation. I found a motor it was out of an 04 and has 10,000 miles on it. It has no coil pack , intake manifold or TB. Will i be able to take these parts of mine and transfer them. I have an 02 eco automatic to remind yall. And they also have a tranny from the 04. Will that fit mine as well cause mines a little shot as well. Also will my wiring harness and ecu and all that stuff just transfer over? Sorry i didnt really understand the mechanic because he didnt speak english and my spanish is a lil rusty. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. Very sad aint it.

--------------------------------------------------------
2006 Yellow SS/SC Cobalt w/G85 package and Recaro Seats.
*MOD LIST*
AEM Cold Air
Black Halo Projectors
GM Perfomance Cat-back Exhaust (Sport)
Many Many more to come!

Re: R.I.P. MOTOR
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 7:29 AM
it should,are both automatics jsut keep the shot motor around for parts,ie. sensors wiring harness,but if its different transmissions like standard and automatic than ,yes it can be converted,it's a job ,but you'll need the pcm for the transmission style you'll be going to,hope this helps

if at first you don't succeed,you should probably give up
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 9:24 AM
Yeah their both autos. Except mines 02 and the other ones off of an 04. Thats why i'm wondering if both the motor and the transmission are the same from the 02 Eco and 04 Eco. Cause the motor i found was just the motor minus some parts.

2006 Yellow SS/SC Cobalt w/G85 package and Recaro Seats.
*MOD LIST*
AEM Cold Air
Black Halo Projectors
GM Perfomance Cat-back Exhaust (Sport)
Many Many more to come!
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 6:57 AM
i think the differences is the fuel rail and injectors,use the ones from the 04 motor if you plan on useing a fuel pressure riser,hope this helps

if at first you don't succeed,you should probably give up
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search