fuel pump change i think?? help? - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fuel pump change i think?? help?
Sunday, February 03, 2008 9:47 AM
hey, i drive a 03 sunfire. Its a auto and the other day i guess i ran out of gas ? not sure cause my guages dont work and usually my gas light turns on but it didnt this time and my car just did the sputter then stopped. So of course i tried to start it a few more times and battery died ( my battery is weak i think because i have a 4000 watt system and sometimes in the winter it wont start) so i got gas and tried to jump the car and nothing worked, the check engine light is on now i had to get it towed home and i was wondering if mayb its the fuel pump? how can i hear the fuel pump when i put my ear in the gas tank (when i open the nozzle) i hear some rather loud noise but idk if thats the fuel pump. but anyway, when i try to start my car it would catch on for a second like it would turn over but then just die right after it turns over... any suggestions?

Re: fuel pump change i think?? help?
Sunday, February 03, 2008 10:35 AM
I think your right, also with our cars you can definitely hear the fuel pump kick on when you turn the key to the accessories position
hook up a fuel pressure gauge and see what fuel pressure cranking is
Sunday, February 03, 2008 1:00 PM
yeah went and got a new batter and changed the spark plugs and same problem going to change the fuel pump now, when i turn it over no sound comes out of it anymore.
Sunday, February 03, 2008 6:49 PM
I just changed my fuel pump at 95 000 KM. the pump cost a fortune as it is the whole sending unit. You best bet is to go on J-body.org and use the search function for blazer fuel pump replacement. Yes i know i just typed Blazer, as in Chevy Blazer. Im pretty sure it will work, but you will have to pull apart your sending unit and replace the pump. It is WAY cheaper. Wish I had found this before.

Good Luck.
Tuesday, February 05, 2008 10:52 PM
yeah it did end up being my fuel pump, i purchased it at pep boys just because i wanted it right away, cost me about 280 for the unit itself, had my buddy do it for free so it turned out to be okay.. yeah im at about 85k right now
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search